Monday, February 7, 2011

Our little blessing at 30 weeks

How far along? 30 weeks, 2 days

Baby’s size? The baby is the weight of a large cabbage, at about 3 pounds and 15 inches long. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day.
Sleep? Sleep is generally pretty good. Sometimes I wake up with my hips or back hurting, but I sleep pretty deeply. The hard part comes when I try to get out of bed. I’m also having some pretty crazy dreams though I have a hard time remembering them in the morning.

Food cravings? Still craving milk and cereal. 

Food aversions? No real aversions, though I haven’t had a problem with nausea or anything like that during this pregnancy so there hasn't been much that I didn't want to eat. 

Symptoms? Back pain sometimes and a general achiness in my knees and hips, especially if I’ve been sitting in the same position for a while and then try to get up. And I've started having to take naps again occasionally. 

Best moment this week? No specific moments that I can think of, but I am really enjoying feeling the baby moving so often.

Movement?  Plenty of movement. He continues to prefer my right side, which is funny sometimes because it makes my stomach lopsided. His kicks and punches are more defined, but sometimes I just feel what seems like little tickles.

What I miss about not being pregnant? Nothing.

What I’m looking forward to?  Preparing more for the baby. I’m also looking forward (in a weird way) to our childbirth classes, which will start in about three weeks.

Stay tuned for a post about our weekend trip to see the latest picture of my belly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment