Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter dinner

     Since we now live far away from both my parents and my in-laws, this year I'm in charge of making our Easter dinner. I've been searching the Internet, magazines, and my recipe book for about a week now to compile the perfect set of recipes for the meal. I've tried to find healthy-ish recipes that won't leave us with a ton of leftovers since I'm only serving the two of us. Here is our menu for Easter dinner this year.


- Honey glazed ham
- Roasted garlic red potatoes
- Orange and honey roasted carrots with candied pecans
- Lemon parsley asparagus
- Easy sour cream rolls
- Key lime pie (I was planning on making a coconut cake, but realized too late that it needs to sit in the fridge for a few days to really set up and allow the flavors to soak. Tim then suggested key lime pie, something light and fruity.)


     The roasted potatoes are something that my mother-in-law makes. She cuts red potatoes into quarters and then pours melted butter over them and sprinkles on garlic salt with parsley in it. Then she bakes them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. 
     The rolls are a recipe from my aunt Twyla. She mixes Bisquick with sour cream and butter and bakes them. The rest of the recipes that I'm using are from magazines and the Internet. 
The recipe for the ham is from Allrecipes.com. It is supposed to taste like a Honey Baked Ham. This is my first time making a ham, so here's hoping it tastes okay. The glaze for this recipe has honey, brown sugar corn syrup, and butter. Not super healthy sounding, but hopefully tasty.  
This is a recipe from a website called Tasty Kitchen. The carrots are roasted with honey and orange juice and then topped with candied pecans and fresh herbs like parsley. 
This is a recipe from Food Network magazine. The asparagus is topped with chopped parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
The key lime pie recipe comes from Pioneer Woman Cooks blog. She made hers using regular limes, but I am making mine using key lime juice that I found at the grocery store. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! We also had ham, red potatoes, and glazed carrots but with peas and strawberry shortcake... great minds think alike! I hope you had a wonderful first Easter with Owen. The pictures of him in the Easter basket are too adorable! :)
    Love, Haley

    ReplyDelete