Saturday, January 8, 2011

Our little blessing at 26 weeks

How far along? 26 weeks

Baby’s size? The baby is about the length of an English hothouse cucumber (about 14 inches long head to heel). He weighs about 1 2/3 pounds. People might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat by putting their head on my tummy (no stethoscope required). Tim has actually been able to do this. Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby’s also soaking up antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink.

Maternity clothes? That’s pretty much all I wear now. Also, because we’re living out of suitcases for who knows how long, I decided to bring only maternity clothes because it didn’t make sense to pack clothes that I would grow out of in the coming weeks.

Sleep? Sleep has been really good since we’ve settled into the hotel. It might be because we’re three hours behind our normal time and I'm a bit jet-lagged. 

Food cravings? I haven’t really been craving anything this week, though breakfast food like pancakes have been extra.

Food aversions? Nothing really.

Best moment this week? One of the best moments this week was when I had the laptop propped on my belly and the baby kicked so hard that the laptop moved. We also ordered furniture for the nursery a couple days ago, which was another big check off the list.

Movement? He’s been kicking a whole lot more in the last week and it’s been really wonderful. It helps when I’m feeling lonely to have him give me a little bonk to let me know that I’m not alone. He also has this weird habit of curling up in my lower right side. It can actually be kind-of painful, but it’s also really neat to be able to feel him so easily.

What I miss about not being pregnant? Nothing!

What I’m looking forward to? Being able to see the baby moving from the outside of my belly more. It's really crazy when we're able to see his little "bonks."

1 comment:

  1. You look adorable Jessica! If you need, I can lend you some maternity clothes... just let me know!

    ReplyDelete