Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Monday

     Back by popular demand (and because I finally have a kitchen), it’s Menu Monday! I actually cooked for the first time in our new house last night. I made Taco Meatloaf (Tim’s favorite). Here’s the recipe if anyone is interested.

Taco Meatloaf (4-6 servings)
1.5 lbs. ground chuck
½ onion, finely chopped
1 egg
¼ c. minced cilantro
1 packet taco seasoning
¼ c. tomato sauce
½ c. crushed tortilla chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line rimmed baking sheet or other baking dish with aluminum foil.
  3. In a large bowl, combine meat, onion, cilantro, and taco seasoning. Add tomato sauce and egg. Using hands, work in crushed tortilla chips. Shape into a loaf and place in baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until cooked through. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Monday: Homemade chicken noodle soup. I’m attempting to make this kind of soup for the first time. The recipe is a copy of the Hard Rock Café recipe I found in a cookbook called Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2.
Tuesday: Shrimp arrabbiata. This is a recipe from Cooking Light magazine. Caution! It’s spicy!

Wednesday: Chicken lo mein.
Thursday: Black bean soup and corn muffins. This is my mom’s recipe.
Friday: Chicken and rice pot pie.
Saturday: French onion beef roast with green beans and rice. It is an Apron’s recipe from Publix. We will have leftovers of this on Sunday. 

1 comment:

  1. What time is dinner? I will be over. Shelley

    I loved, loved, loved!!@#@! the small samplying of leftover taco meatloaf today.

    I requested Fried Chicken and I was directed to your blog-site. Please let me know when this is coming up so I can be jealous.

    I will watch the guy grow outwards... ;0)

    ReplyDelete