Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Graham is two months old!

Yay! I'm two months old!
     Again, my monthly post about Graham is late. I'm sensing a trend here. Life is still pretty busy. We're working on a routine, but some days are better than others. 


At two months old, Graham was:
Weight: 11 pounds, 15 ounces (half a pound more than Owen at that age, for those who might be wondering); 52nd percentile
Height: 23 inches long (.7 inches shorter than Owen at one month); 48th percentile
Head circumference: 35.5 cm

    He had his two-month doctor's appointment last week. The doctor was impressed with him and said he was doing really well. And he also enjoyed listening to Graham coo at my while we were talking about him. Graham received three vaccinations and one oral medication for Rotavirus. He did well with the vaccinations and didn't cry for very long. 

Eating: 
       Graham basically eats every 2.5 to three hours like clockwork. He eats about four ounces at every feeding. He gets really mad if you try to burp him before he's had a couple ounces as if we regularly starve him. Graham spits up a lot still, but not every time we feed him. Hopefully it will eventually get better. We talked to the doctor about reflux, but he recommended that I give up dairy products to see if that makes a difference. It seems to have helped him some, but he still has tummy troubles from time to time. 
       I am still pumping breastmilk for him and haven't had to supplement with formula. I pump about four times a day now and am still storing milk in the freezer. 

Sleeping: 
Graham is a pretty good sleeper. He still catnaps off and on throughout the day and his only long nap time is in the afternoon about the same time Owen refuses to nap  naps. At night he generally falls asleep sometime between nine and eleven and will sleep until about 2:30 in the morning when he typically wakes up to eat. He then goes back to sleep and wakes up sometime between 4 and 5 to eat again. He went for as long as five hours of sleep this past month, which was great. I wake up with him most often in the night, but Tim will help every so often. Graham sleeps in the Fisher Price Rock and Play just outside our bedroom door because I have trouble falling asleep if I can hear his little sleepy snores and snorts. He sleeps swaddled with a pacifier (which he spits out after falling asleep) and our white noise machine playing the sound of rain. He has a soft fleece blanket that he also likes to sleep with around his face (mostly during the day when I can watch him). It seems to make him feel all warm and secure and he can sleep unswaddled when I do that. 
      Graham is still pretty fussy in the evenings and getting him to go to sleep at night is still a challenge most nights. He really likes being held upright or being rocked in the dark in our room until he falls asleep. We need to start a nighttime routine with him, but its hard since we also have to take care of Owen. It will be easier once they can bathe together. 

Other Things I Want to Remember: 
      Graham  wears size 0-3 month clothing. He size one diapers when he isn't in cloth. We are pretty much in cloth full time now though and even traveled with it for the first time last month. 
      He has a pretty good amount of hair still, though it is rubbing thin on the back on his hard a little. It has lightened some and is almost blondish in some places around his face. His eyes are still dark blue, but unlike Owen's at that age, he doesn't have a dark brown ring around his iris or pupil to make it seem like they may turn brown. Who knows though? As he is getting older, he is starting to look more and more like Owen to me. There are subtle differences of course, but they are definitely going to look like brothers. 
       My favorite thing about Graham is how talkative he is. He coos a lot and "talks" to us. And while he's doing that, he smiles a ton. It is so sweet. He also loves looking at our faces while we are talking to him. You can tell that he recognizes our faces. He also loves to watch his big brother. Graham enjoys playing peek-a-boo and smiles really big when I pop back out from whatever I'm hiding my face behind. 
       Graham frequently has gassy smiles, but I also think we've seen some real ones. He has the cutest smile thanks to the dimple in his right cheek. My favorite smile is one he gives when he is wide awake and I'm wanting to go back to sleep in the mornings. It's like, "Hey, you're up! Great! Let's hang out!" 
      He enjoys music and really loves when I sing to him.
      He likes being on his playmat for limited amounts of time and enjoys looking at the toys hanging overhead and in the mirror. He does well at tummy time and can hold his head up really well. 
       He is super strong and can hold his head up and look around. He also likes sitting up and standing up on our laps. 
      Car rides are calming and he typically falls asleep in his carseat. We made our first road trip with him last month and he did really well. He cried some, but I was able to quiet him fairly quickly and he slept most of the way. 
       He loves being in the Moby Wrap and the Beco carrier. 
       He likes feeling secure and is startled by loud noises. 
       He likes bathtime a lot more now. I tend to bathe him in the kitchen sink because it's a good level for me and it makes it easier. Bathtime tends to be quick before he gets upset.
       I have been trying to get him on a schedule like I did with Owen at this age, but I haven't been that successful yet. The plan is to have him eat, then play, and then sleep in three hour increments, but he typically wakes up early from naps instead of sleeping until he needs to be fed again.  I think that he will begin sleeping for longer stints in the night once he starts napping more regularly during the day. 








 
     

2 comments:

  1. Graham is getting to be such a cutie! I can hardly wait to see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute!! I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete