Monday, October 18, 2010

Menu Monday

Here is our menu for this week.
Monday night: Sausages with sautéed cabbage and apples. The sausages were given to us by family friends from south Georgia and the apples are from our camping trip in Blairsville last weekend. The side dish is a new recipe that I’ve never tried before. I found it in the October 2010 issue of Real Simple.
Tuesday night: Roasted tilapia, potatoes, and lemon. This is a recipe from the October 2010 issue of Real Simple. We’ll have it with sautéed green beans.

Wednesday night: Chicken lo mein. This is a really easy short-cut recipe I got off the Real Simple website. It uses ramen noodles and Tim really likes it. 
Thursday night: Chicken, spinach, and cannellini soup. This is a recipe from Paula Deen magazine. With the weather finally getting cooler, it’s the perfect time for soup!
Friday night: Pork chops, sweet potato fries, and homemade applesauce. The original recipe was from Cooking Light magazine.

Saturday night: Southwestern quiche. I’m going to try to replicate the quiche at The Big Easy in Watkinsville. We’ll see if I can pull it off…
Sunday night: Not sure what we’ll have this night. I may just scrounge around the kitchen to see what I can throw together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment