Monday, October 25, 2010

Menu Monday

It’s a short week of meals because we’re going home to Athens for a visit this weekend.

Monday night: Homemade chili. I use the Carroll Shelby seasoning kit and add onions to the ground beef and then a can of kidney beans and a can of diced tomatoes to the chili. I serve it over Fritos chips. We like it hot so we add the cayenne pepper.

Tuesday night: Baked tilapia with asparagus and roasted red potatoes. I will most likely cook the potatoes and fish similar to how I did it last week.
Wednesday night: Leftover chili with hot dogs. Because with just the two of us, we are sure to have leftovers tonight and I’m trying to make our grocery budget stretch.
Thursday night: Creole shrimp sauté with steamed broccoli. This is an Apron’s recipe from Publix. It’s really easy and super quick and tastes oh-so-buttery and indulgent. I make one small change to the recipe based on another time I made it and didn’t have the ingredient I needed. Instead of using bacon in it, which we found got kind-of gross and soggy (I know, who knew bacon could be gross?), I put little mini-pepperonis in it. It adds just the right amount of spice. If you want the recipe, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment