Friday, October 1, 2010

April

I have never been a big fan of the month of April. April is just one of those months that managed to somehow sneak into the year. I mean, we have September and October when the leaves are turning and you get to drink apple cider and go to fall festivals. Not to mention college football. In November, December and January we get holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas and days off school and work. February has Valentine’s Day and March has typically brought us snow in Georgia in the past few years. May brings spring weather and the end of school. June, July, and August are full sunshine and summer vacations and in our family, lots of birthdays. But what about April? It's just stuck in between March and May.  Although it does have Easter as a holiday, (April Fool’s Day doesn’t count), mostly the month centers on taxes and rain.


A couple of months ago, though, April took on new life for us. April is about six months away and April will be the month in which our first child is born.

We’re both beyond excited. I’ve already bought at least six pregnancy books (one of which was for Tim from the viewpoint of the dad…and he’s actually reading it!). I'm pretending that my belly fat is already the baby showing. I take naps whenever I want and chalk it up to growing a person. I eat everything that the baby wants (which may sometimes just be what I want) and I thankfully have had no morning sickness. So far the lack of symptoms has made it difficult to really accept that I’m pregnant (is there really something in there?), but in the next few months as I start to show, I think it will become more real.

Anyway, needless to say, we now have a reason to look forward to April!



No comments:

Post a Comment