Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Tim!

    
     Yesterday was Tim's 26th birthday. We had a wonderful day as a family celebrating and relaxing together. The only thing that would have made it better would have been having our families here. Or pony rides. 
     Anyway... as the first birthday present of the day, Owen allowed Tim and I to sleep until 7 a.m. After a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" sung by me, Tim blew out his candle and we started the day with a chocolate chip cookie dough birthday cupcake each for breakfast.  
Why yes, that is chocolate chip cookie dough inside that cupcake.
      We then went to church after stopping by Starbucks for salted caramel mochas. Following church, we came home where Owen took a nap while I cleaned the kitchen and Tim checked up on the status of his fantasy football team. 
     After a take-out lunch from Red Robin (yum!), Tim opened his presents and cards. Owen helped by trying to eat all the cards and ripping at some wrapping paper. In addition to cards and money, Tim got a new pair of tennis shoes, practice golf balls, a chimney starter for his charcoal grill, and a one-year chronological Bible. 
The card from Nana and Papa was particularly tasty. Don't worry, we didn't let him eat the checks.
Here Dad, let me read that for you.
Mom and Dad... this is embarrassing.

New tennis shoes.
Nice kicks, Dad.

I'm standing in this box all by myself.
Is there another bow on my head?
Oh, for Pete's sake. Enough with the bows!
Present time was concluded with some Daddy kisses!
     The afternoon was spent watching a lot of football (Tim), some reading and cleaning (me) and napping (me and Owen). Then Tim went on a walk with Owen and I made dinner.
Owen's second gift to Daddy was a sweet nap.
Check out that precious chunky-cheeked face.
    For dinner, I made Tim's special request: country fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes and lima beans. I think I would have made my great-mamaw proud. 
Not the most colorful meal, but definitely a man-friendly one.

No comments:

Post a Comment