Monday, May 13, 2013

Bump update: 24 Weeks

    
        According to my pregnancy app, at 24 weeks the baby weighs more than a pound and is almost a foot long, or about the length of a banana. His brain is growing quickly now and his taste buds are starting to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help air sacs in the lungs inflate once he is born. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. 
        I am still feeling good for the most part and have a good amount of energy (Though I tend to overexert myself during the week and have to crash on weekends). I have been cleaning the house, organizing, and giving away and trashing a lot of stuff. I joke that my "nesting" this time around isn't nursery decorating, but making room! We are starting to go through our guest bedroom (also known as the room where we put all the junk we have no place for) so that we can convert it into a big boy room for Owen. We are hoping to make it a big deal so that Owen feels like getting a new room is a privilege and exciting and not like he's getting kicked out of his room (which will remain the nursery for this baby). I figure once we get him a new bed and a train table or play table or make him a little reading nook, he will really like it and be excited about his new room. 
      Coming up with a name for this baby is still causing us troubles. We can't really come up with many names that seem right and fit with Owen's name and with our last name. We don't really have any favorite names yet, but we have both vetoed about a million. We have a name book that we've gone through a couple times and I have been looking for names online too. 
      I am feeling super pregnant now and like my belly is already massive. I can't believe that I have three more months of belly-growing to do, but at the same time I feel like this pregnancy is flying by. Second pregnancies are so very different from first ones. 
     Oh and cute story time: The other day Owen ran over to my belly, cupped his hands around his mouth against my stomach, and said, "Hi baby brother! Come play cars!" Awww....

No comments:

Post a Comment