I started out my subscription using our baby-to-be's information because I thought it would be interesting to see what kinds of cool items are available to babies now. I see people with so many neat baby products and it's only been two years since Owen was born! Owen still enjoyed helping to open his little brother's stack and many of the items are ones that Owen will enjoy too. I haven't decided whether to keep the subscription for baby brother or e-mail and ask the company to change to sending boxes that are tailored to Owen's age instead.
Stork Stack has one of the prettiest boxes of all of the subscription boxes that I have tried. That turquoise and coral colored box is so cute. I also love the variety of the items included in Stork Stack's boxes. They have a theme each month and their items are tailored to that theme.
The theme this month was Anniversary Stack because it was the one year anniversary of the company's first shipment. Here's the description from the insert in the box: "This month, our Stack is designed in celebration of Stork Stack's first birthday! It's been one year since our website launched and our Storks prepared for their first flight. We wanted to share our excitement, as well as our thanks, with all the members of our Stork Stack family. In this 'Anniversary Stack,' we've included some of our favorite past partners (like Rubbabu and North American Bear), as well as a few new partners and products we have been admiring over the past several months. We also chose several classic children's stories with a modern twist, sure to please both you and your little ones. Unfortunately, we couldn't include all of our favorites in just one Stack (we need bigger boxes!), but we certainly had fun putting together some of them in this theme of celebration, love, and fun!" I was really excited about the theme this month because I figured there would be a bunch of really great items in it because it was the company's anniversary.
The box we received was tailored to a newborn boy. Here's what we received in our box:
- North American Bear Co. Two-Dees Animal ($16.00) - Noted for its contemporary, whimsical designs with classic charm, North American Bear Company has been producing award-winning gifts and toys for children of all ages for 35 years. Two-Dees are made of fluffy fleece and contrasting jersey knit with embroidered facial features and quirky 2-dimensional charm. A lovable first friend for all ages and machine washable too! We are not big on stuffed animals in this family. Owen doesn't really show much interest in them, but he did give this one a hug right away. But this one is pretty darn cute and really unique. I thought it was a rabbit, but it is actually a dog. And it is super soft.
- Rubbabu Educational Ball ($6.95) - Rubbabu's products are handmade from natural foam and encourage imaginative play and education at a young age. They are strong and durable, one of those toys that become a child's favorite companion for many years. We already have a Rubbabu ball that we received in a past subscription box and we really like it. I really love this brand and their products are so colorful and well made. I especially love their little cars, which I think they sent out in their boxes for older kiddos.
- Child's Play International "Wee Willie Winkie" ($4.99) - This award-winning series has been specifically designed for babies. A great introduction to books through well-known nursery rhymes and interactive text. Singing songs and rhymes is the perfect way to bond with your baby and share quality time. It also aids language development by introducing them to the natural sounds and patterns of speech. Combining these with actions also stimulates the brain and helps muscle development. I love receiving books in subscription boxes for my kiddos and would be happy to get one every month. Books are never the wrong size or inappropriate for children. And we are constantly in need of new reading material.
- Stephen Joseph Reusable Snack Bags ($6.99) - Let us brighten your day with our colorful line of children's gifts and accessories! Our adorable collections offer matching themes through coordinating products. The perfect fit for school time, play time, travel time...anytime. I thought this was a strange addition to a box for a newborn considering this baby won't be snacking for many months, but because I have a toddler, I am really psyched to get them. I think they will be great for packing snacks for Owen to take with us on trips and elsewhere. I typically try to take some type of snack for him every time we leave the house because it never fails that he gets hungry when I have nothing to give him. These are super cute and I am excited about being able to use them instead of Ziploc bags.
- Credible Cravings Organic Whole Foods bar ($3.00): Credible Cravings is the first organic whole food bar developed collaboratively with obstetricians, midwives, and nutritionists to support the nutritional needs for women before, during, and after pregnancy! Each and every ingredient was chosen for a specific nutritional benefit for mom and baby - no fillers, no artificial sweeteners or preservatives, certified organic, certified gluten-free, kosher, non-GMO, soy-free, and available in three delicious flavors. I am excited to try this bar. I am constantly in need of quick snacks because I get hungry pretty frequently, but I don't always have the time to fix a healthy snack. This will be a great on-the-go snack at some point. I'm also interested in the claim that it contains all these great ingredients for pregnant women. I will have to check out the ingredients label.
The total value of this box was $37.93 which is a pretty good return for my investment and a little more than $10 over what I paid for it. From looking at past month's reviews, Stork Stack seems to have a good variety of items and brands and is a fun monthly surprise. I am already excited to get my next month's stack.
If you're interested in learning more about Stork Stack, click HERE. By using my referral link, you can save $10 on your first month or a multi-month subscription. There is a 20 percent off code available for your first month currently, but that gets you less than $10 off so you are better off using a referral code.