Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

       It seems as if at least a few people were interested in my menu plan last week so I decided to post it again this week. Again I have a mix of favorite meals and brand new recipes that we've never tried. And they aren't all from Skinny Taste! Shocker! 
  • Monday: Slow cooker hot fruit salad. We had our small group last night where we had breakfast for dinner. Everyone else had planned to bring pancakes, bacon and sausage, eggs, and cinnamon rolls so we had to think of something different. We ended up bringing this slow cooker hot fruit salad, which is super easy to make and tastes yummy on top of pancakes, kind-of like they do at Cracker Barrel. I found the recipe just by Googling slow cooker fruit compote or something like that. 
  • Tuesday: Bacon-topped petite turkey meatloaf. This is a recipe that I have made before and we liked it a lot. It uses vegetables in the meatloaf so I am able to sneak some healthy stuff in there for Owen without him knowing. (Not that he's much of a picky eater anyway). I made little muffin tin meatloaves for him when he was starting to eat grown-up food and didn't eat as much of what we ate. I don't think we've had this since then so it's about time. We will have it with roasted green bean bundles and maybe some roasted red potatoes.  
  • Wednesday: Skinny chicken fajitas. We had this recipe last week and it was so good that I already want to have it again. The funny thing is that it is so simple, but the flavors are so good! We will have these with black beans and corn. Owen is currently obsessed with black beans and will eat a ton of them. 
  • Thursday: Breakfast for dinner. I know we had breakfast for dinner on Monday night too, but I love it and it is such a cheap and quick dinner. We already have pretty much everything we need for it so I figured it would be a good way to save some money on our grocery bill this week. 
  • Friday: Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Burger. This is a new Skinny Taste recipe that was posted last week. I can't wait to try it. We have to wait until the weekend so Tim can grill it since he generally gets off work pretty late during the workweek. The burgers contain carrots (interesting) and have a pineapple soy sauce glaze. It seems super yummy and we all love pineapple, especially the babies. It's Owen favorite fruit and one that I have craved during both pregnancies. 


  • Saturday: Grilled pork chops with sauteed spinach and baked sweet potatoes. Nothing fancy. This is just a dinner that we do frequently in the summer. Tim seasons or tops the pork chops however he wants and we have the same side dishes every time. 
  • Sunday: Bangin' Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Asian Edamame Fried Rice. I thought this seemed like an interesting recipe and I hope that it turns out well. It is not really something I would typically pick out to make, but I thought I would give it a try anyway. We'll see what the family thinks about it. 


What are you eating this week?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made anything new this week sadly. I am going through a bit of a rut again, but some of these recipes are looking pretty good! I love that you are doing this again!

    ReplyDelete