My November Citrus Lane box for Owen arrived today. It normally arrives anywhere between the 17th and 22nd of the month, so it was still pretty early as part of their normal delivery window, but I was impatient for it because I got our other box for our two-month-old last week. This month seemed to have a lot of unique items in it and a couple new brands, which was really nice to see. While I love all the brands they include like Green Toys and Skip Hop, I get excited when they put something brand new in there.
Owen loves opening his box each month. He is so cute because he looks through everything and then says, "Now take a picture." He definitely is used to my doing reviews on the boxes now and knows I have to take photos of everything before he gets to start playing with them.
This month's Citrus Lane boxes contained great brands like Green Toys, Boon, Bumkins, Faber Castell, Skip Hop, Good Boy Organics, and Tiny Prints.
Here are the details on what we received in our box for our 31-month-old son:
- Faber-Castell Doodle Pad and Beeswax Crayons ($2.49 & $4.99): I have never seen this brand in Citrus Lane's boxes before. Owen is still rather new to coloring and isn't interested in doing it for long so I may save these for when he is a bit older. Either way, they are a good quality brand and I am pleased to have received them.
- Reusable Lunch Bag from Bumkins ($12.95): Since Owen doesn't go to daycare, we don't have much of a need for a lunch bag just yet, but it would be good for snacks or to pack a lunch when we're traveling. We prefer packing our own food and stopping at rest stops to eat when we are traveling so that Owen gets the opportunity to run around and expend some energy while we are on the road. This lunch bag has a super cute pattern and is made of wipeable, washable fabric that is free of lead, PVC, BPA, Phthalates, and vinyl.
- Build-A-Sandwich from Green Toys ($16.99 for full set, so estimated $8): This toy is actually part of a larger 15-piece set called the Green Toys Sandwich Shop. Owen is really into play food right now so this was probably the thing he was most excited about seeing when he opened the box. The pieces stack together and are great for pretend play. They are made of recycled plastic and are free from BPA, phthalates, and PVC.
- Good Boy Organics Organicasaurus Baked Organic Corn Snacks ($1): Owen will never be unhappy to receive snacks in his Citrus Lane box. These are particularly fun because we have never gotten them before and because they are shaped like dinosaurs. What little boy wouldn't love that?
- Four Sets of Address Labels and Free Shipping from Tiny Prints: This voucher is good for free address labels and free shipping from Tiny Prints. I am not including them in the value of the box because you have to spend $99 or more to redeem the deal.
The retail value of this box is $29.43, which is pretty low value compared to some previous months, but all the items included were useful and none of them will go unused. It's still my favorite subscription box for babies and toddlers from newborns to age 5. They have introduced us to a lot of great brands and products and are a fun treat to get in the mail each month.
If you are interested in signing up for Citrus Lane, you can use this LINK to get $10 when you start a subscription. The code TAKEHALF will take 50 percent off your purchase of a monthly subscription. Multi-month subscriptions are already discounted.
Currently, they have started offering a variety of subscriptions at different price points. You can select a Basic Box ($12/month), which contains two items, the Classic Box ($25/month), which is what they have always offered and includes four or five items, and the Deluxe Box ($49/month), which is the same as the Classic Box with additional premium toys and other products.