Monday, June 27, 2011

Menu Monday

     Yeah, yeah... I know it's been a while, but in case you hadn't heard, I have a baby. Not that I don't still cook dinner. It's just that I don't have as much time to blog and if I'm going to make time to blog, I'm blogging about Owen. But I find I have a little free time right now, and I've gotten ahead of my to-do list (who knew that was possible?!) and I thought I might post our menu for this week.


Monday: Grilled pork chops with brown sugar and pineapple, sweet potato fries, and sauteed spinach.
Tuesday: Country chicken fricasse with steamed broccoli and baby carrots. This is a recipe that my friend Jane made for us when we were back in Georgia. It was so yummy that I asked for the recipe.
Wednesday: Taco meatloaf with corn and black beans. Again, one of Tim's favorites.
Thursday: Chicken spaghetti casserole with green peas. This is one of the last of my freezer meals and I'm trying to use them up to make more room in the freezer for frozen breastmilk. 
Friday: Grilled chicken with rice pilaf or some other side and sauteed spinach. I'm marinading the chicken in Newman's Own Herb and Roasted Garlic marinade. So tasty!
Saturday: Beef stew with beer and paprika. This is a recipe from Pioneer Woman Cooks. I know beef stew isn't really a summer recipe, but I don't really care. It looks really tasty. I'm not sure if I will use the beer in it or just extra beef broth. I don't really care for the flavor of beer.


Sunday: Ultimate turkey burgers. Unless ground turkey costs a fortune at the grocery store this week. In that case, we'll have regular ground beef burgers. Either way, Tim wants to grill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment