1. Kinect. We had a pretty low-key Mother's Day this year. My aunt and cousin were here visiting so we spent time with them and made a trip to Lowe's to look at paint swatches and pick up some more things for our kitchen upgrades. In the afternoon, I got to take a really long nap. And for dinner we ate Subway (still trying to counteract all the bad restaurant food that we're still eating because the kitchen is pretty unusable right now.) Then we watched the season finale of Once Upon A Time and then Games of Thrones. My Mother's Day present this year was the Xbox Kinect and the game Just Dance 3. We finally got it set up a few days ago and it has been so much fun. And we're getting some exercise playing it, which is great too. The dance game is actually pretty tough and the Adventures game that came with the Kinect is really fun too. Watching my inlaws play it last night was a hoot!
2. Moving announcements. My moving announcements have been sent out so now I can show where I got them from. Of course, I had them made by a graphic designer on Etsy. I chose these ones by Jennifer Y. at the online shop Stationary Boutique. She was really great to work with and made any little changes I wanted really quickly. I think I got the cards within a week of ordering them. I also liked that she actually printed them for a good price instead of what most graphic designers are doing nowadays, which is letting you purchase the digital file for $15-20 and then you have to go print it yourself. Which can get kind-of pricey. (I blurred out our address for privacy.)
3. Favorite song. It's called "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen. It's very catchy and fun to dance around to. Owen loves when I dance him around the living room while listening to it. And if you've seen the news recently, tons of college sports teams are making lip-synching viral videos using the song. I think it might have started with the Harvard baseball team. The SMU rowing team response was really funny too.
4. Sanding. Is the devil. We are still not finished sanding all the cabinets in the kitchen. According to the tutorial we are following online, we should have finished all the sanding and wiping the cabinets down in one day. That is ridiculous and the people whose tutorial we are following cannot possibly have jobs. And while I know they have a baby, that kid must take four hour naps or something. We are really close to finishing the sanding though and I suspect we will have it done today and begin priming and painting this weekend. Yay! The main problem that we had was that some of the cabinets were really greasy and it kept gumming up the sandpaper. We did a little research and bought some TSP (Trisodium phosphate) which is used for heavy duty cleaning. I used it yesterday to wipe down all the cabinets without doors and sanding them went a lot quicker. I wish we had heard about TSP when we were sanding all the doors and drawers. Today we have to finish lightly sanding all the doors and drawers again and the bottom cabinets in the kitchen. Then I will wipe them all down with liquid deglosser and we should be ready to begin priming. I am hoping that we will have the cabinets finished within the next two weeks, allowing the cabinets plenty of time to dry after we paint them before we put on the new hardware and hinges. I have been trying to take pictures of the process, so I will do a complete rundown of our project once we're finished.
5. Season finales. Now is the time for season finales on television and so far, I haven't been disappointed. I have only watched the Once Upon A Time and Bones season finales, but I have Grey's Anatomy DVRed and plan to watch it soon. Once Upon A Time's season finale was really good. I won't say too much because I know there are probably some people who haven't watched it, but I think there are still a lot of questions that need to be answered and I can't wait to see where they go with it next year. If you haven't watched it, you should find them online and catch up over the summer. The Bones season finale was really heartbreaking. I got on Facebook this morning and heard that someone dies on Grey's Anatomy, but luckily the person who posted that didn't say who dies because that would have ruined it for me. Hopefully I can watch it before I accidentally hear something or read something online.
6. What To Expect When You're Expecting. I cannot wait to see this movie! I think it looks so funny and because Tim and I have just gone through the new baby adventure, a lot of it will remind us of things we went through with Owen so it will be all the more funny. Though of course everything will be exaggerated and probably make pregnant women look like crazy people. I do like that it seems to tell the story from the male perspective too, which will be hilarious.