When I found is the theme of this month, I was really excited because Owen loves animals. Unfortunately, Citrus Lane's interpretation of the theme was a little different than I expected. Not that I don't like the items, but I guess I expected more things for Owen to play with. And actually, I saw the contents of a box for an 18-month-old on their Facebook page and that box included a toy instead of the cleaning product that I received.
Here's the description of the theme for this month from Citrus Lane: "We've noticed a few similarities between animals and children. They're curious, rambunctious... and more than a little messy! This month's fun animal-themed finds are sure to keep your little bear interested and happy - whether that means roaring, purring, or giggling." So basically the box theme should have been about keeping clean or getting clean based on what I received.
Owen, of course, loved opening the box and pulling out all the items. In addition to being introduced to new companies and products, this is probably one of the reasons I love getting a box for Owen each month. He gets so excited. Here are some cute pictures of him opening the box and exploring what he found inside. Scroll further and you can see pictures and descriptions of each of the items inside.
And with that, here's a look at what I got in my box:
- Green Sprouts Long Sleeve Bib (yellow with duck print) - This long-sleeved bib is made of waterproof, lightweight material and features a catch-all pocket at the bottom. It's long-sleeved design basically protects your child's entire shirt while eating. They also recommend using it during messy art projects which is an idea I never thought of. I am definitely a big fan of this bib. Retails for $20.
- InnovativeKids Faces Book "Goodnight Faces" - This book, featuring a hole cut out of both sides of it, allows you to make a mask of each character in the book. It seems like a cute enough book, but isn't my favorite of the ones that Citrus Lane has offered in the past. Owen does enjoy the mask aspect of this book and thinks it's funny when I pretend to be the puppy or mouse or other animals, etc. in the book. I'm not sure why my photo is sideways, but Blogger won't let me fix it. Retails for $6.99.
- Rich Frog Tub Sponge (dog) - This sponge is made of soft terrycloth and has a hook for hanging it to dry. I don't really find this sponge very practical for washing Owen. It is pretty stiff, but he does have fun playing with it in the tub, so at least it has that benefit. He loves plunging it under water and watching it pop up because it floats. Retails for $5.95.
- BabyGanics Toy and Table Cleaner - This toy and table cleaner spray is nontoxic and free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. It is unfortunately a repeat item for me that I received in my June box. I don't mind them reusing popular or successful products from the past, but I think they should spread them out a little further than three months apart. I do like this spray though and use it to clean Owen's high chair. We still have about half a bottle left from June though so I have it stored away for when we run out. Retails for $3.99.
- Happy Baby Happy Tot Food Pouch (Apple and butternut squash flavor) - We love this brand of baby food, but we haven't fed Owen baby food in pouches for a while. We give him applesauce and other snack-type pouches, but he doesn't eat the meal-type pouches anymore, so this was sort-of a weird addition to the box. In the past they have given me more older toddler foods like snack bars and things like that and I prefer that over a single squeeze pouch. Also when Citrus Lane gives out food samples it seems like that have been new flavors or products from companies that I like, but this is a product and flavor that has been on the market for a while. Retails for $1.75.
So while this was not my favorite box that I've ever received from Citrus Lane, I did get a couple really neat things and I'm hopeful that they will include some more items for Owen to play with in the future. I really love this company and I know they try hard each month to come up with exciting new products and companies to introduce their customers to. And if they continue to give Owen a book a month, he will love them forever.
If you're interested in trying Citrus Lane, you can get 10 percent off your subscription by using the code SUMMER10 (If that doesn't work, let me know and I will contact Citrus Lane and figure out what the current promo code is when you use someone's referral link to sign up). You'll save $7.50 on three months, $12.50 on six months, or $25 on twelve months. Click here if you want to check it out. I'd love it if you used my link so that I can get credit towards a free box at some point.