Saturday, November 13, 2010

Our little blessing at 18 weeks

How far along? 18 weeks

Baby’s size?  The baby is about the size of a sweet potato (about 5.6 inches long and 6.7 ounces). The baby has become amazingly mobile, passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby’s finally big enough that I'll be able to feel those movements soon.
Maternity clothes? Just maternity jeans and regular tops.

Sleep? Sleep is good for the most part, though sometimes it’s hard to get into a comfortable position and I wake up every few hours to use the bathroom.

Food cravings? Still fruit and juices. Currently craving a chocolate peppermint milkshake from Chick-Fil-A. Tim says we can get one on Tuesday to celebrate finding out the baby's sex.

Food aversions? Nothing really.

Symptoms? Nothing this week. I’m feeling good.

Best moment this week? Hearing the baby’s heartbeat at my new doctor’s office where pretty much everyone was really nice. I think we chose the right place! Also, when my friend K.’s hairdresser told me I was, “Soooo tiny for 17 weeks.”

Movement? Nothing really. Sometimes a little flutter, but nothing substantial.

Any ideas about the gender? I have no idea, but I don’t have much longer to wait until we know. Our anatomy scan is Tuesday! That's less than 36 hours from now!

What I miss about not being pregnant? Not a thing!

What I’m looking forward to? Our appointment Tuesday to find out if this little sweet potato is a boy or a girl! Also, the last time we had an ultrasound (at 7 and a half weeks), the baby looked like a lima bean basically, so we’re excited to see a little person in there.









No comments:

Post a Comment