Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our little blessing at 19 weeks

How far along? 19 weeks

Baby’s size? The baby is the size of a mango (about 6 inches long and 8.5 ounces). Our baby, based on the ultrasound Tuesday, weighs closer to 12 ounces. Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby’s skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.)
Maternity clothes? Still not big enough for maternity shirts, but I definitely am wearing the maternity jeans a ton. Otherwise you can find me in a pair of Tim’s gray sweatpants.

Sleep? Good for the most part. Sometimes I have trouble finding a comfortable position, but I still fall asleep relatively quickly (especially if Tim is rubbing my back.)

Food cravings? Pancakes. Pizza. Texas Pete. Grapefruit.

Food aversions? Nope.

Symptoms? None.

Best moment this week? Finding out whether our baby was a boy or a girl! And seeing how cute the baby is on the ultrasound.

Movement? I feel some tiny flutters and the occasional more forceful (yet still tiny) kick pretty much daily now.

Any ideas about the gender? I know! But I’m not telling just yet.

What I miss about not being pregnant? I kind-of miss being able to wear normal clothing. Tim and I went to an outlet mall today and walking past the Ann Taylor store and knowing there was no point in buying new clothes from there was kind-of sad.

What I’m looking forward to? Telling our families the baby’s sex. I cannot wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment