Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The nursery

     Tim and I have been looking at cribs and nursery bedding since we found out we were pregnant. This last week while we were in Athens visiting for Thanksgiving, we found the crib and dresser that we want. And we've also decided which nursery bedding we'd like. We have to wait to order the crib and dresser until after we've moved, and we haven't ordered any of the bedding yet either. I'm glad we finally made a decision. 
  Here is the crib with the dresser (though we don't plan to buy the hutch attached to the dresser). It's made by Bona Vita and is called Hudson. We like it best in the chocolate color. It's a convertible crib, meaning it can be turned into a toddler bed, a daybed, and finally, a full size bed. I also like it because it looks masculine enough, but not too much that we couldn't use it in the future for a little girl if we decided to.
This is the bedding we've decided on. It is from Pottery Barn Kids. It is called Eli's Elephant. I really like elephants, but I'm not a big fan of really big cartoon-looking bedding for nurseries. This one is a little more simple and classic, I think. And I love the combination of blue and green.
Here is a close-up of the design on the bedding. 
And last, but not least, here is the matching crib mobile. I think it is really cute. The other thing I like about the mobile is that it plays Henry Mancini's jazz piece "Baby Elephant Walk."
Pottery Barn no longer carries the matching rug and window valance, but I think not having everything matching perfectly will keep the nursery from looking too theme-y. What do you think about our choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment