Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A different style of Menu Monday

Let the craziness begin! Thus begins moving week for this branch of the Rumely family. I have driven back to Lovejoy so that I could bring Christmas presents back so they could be packed by the movers. Jessica is staying in Athens so that she can spend her last few days with her parents.

Tomorrow, Jessica and her mother will drive to Lovejoy so that Jess can leave her car to be shipped to Richland, WA. She'll leave with her mother to go to a doctor's appointment to do our final checkup on the baby in Georgia. After the appointment, Jessica and her mother will go back to Athens while I stay and make sure that the movers are correctly recording the state of our furniture. Wednesday morning I will meet with our landlord to make sure that everything is taken care of as far as Jessica and I moving out. We will then be done with all the moving in Georgia! Wednesday evening, I will attend a friend's wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner with Jessica.

Thursday we will be taking care of making sure that clothes are washed and things are “together” and ready to be packed. Thursday evening is my friend's wedding, and I will be a groomsman.

Friday Jessica and I will spend the afternoon with both of our parents at the Rumely's house eating a New Years dinner. Georgia plays in its football bowl game in the afternoon, and depending on the state of packing we may or may not watch the game. (sigh) Jessica and I will not watch the ball drop, instead we will be fast asleep (hopefully) getting rest before our early flight.

Saturday morning we will leave Athens, GA heading for the Atlanta airport around 5:00 a.m. Our flight departs at 8:20 a.m., and, after a layover in Salt Lake City, UT we will head for Richland, WA. Currently we are scheduled to arrive at 12:20 in the afternoon Pacific time (3:20 Eastern time). After that we check into the hotel that has been set up by Bechtel.

Sunday at noon Jessica and I will make our way back to the airport so that we can pick up our scheduled rental car (they are not open on Saturday). After that I plan on visiting the hotel's workout facilities after a quick drive past the place that I report on Monday.

We have arrived at crunch time, and I pray for God's grace in dealing with the many people involved in helping us make this transition. I also pray that stress would be kept at a minimum, and that Jessica and I would rely on His strength and not our own. Thanks to all of our family and friends for supporting us throughout our first year and several months of marriage. We love you all, and we look forward to continuing our relationships with you even as we start new relationships in Washington. God Bless!

P.S.  These plans are subject to change based on +/- sleep levels and ability to get people's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment