Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our little blessing at 22 weeks

How far along? 22 weeks

Baby’s size? The baby is about the length of a papaya (10.5-11.8 inches long and 12.7-20.8 ounces). According to TheBump.com, the baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby’s starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when—just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop. (This baby likes to be awake at night and sleep during the day. Just getting me ready for when he’s born, I guess.)

Maternity clothes? I wear mainly maternity clothes and some of my longer shirts. I love that my belly has started to fill out my maternity shirts.
Sleep? Sleep has been really good for the most part. I have to get up to use the restroom about every two or three hours, but I fall back asleep pretty quickly.

Food cravings? Still craving milk. And my cereal of choice at the moment to have with my milk is Apple Dapples (the Publix brand version of Apple Jacks). My fruit craving has pretty much gone away. I still like fruit, but not in the same “gotta have it” kind of way.

Food aversions? Nothing really.

Symptoms? No bad ones, but I am hungry a lot. I have to eat small snacks throughout the day to help me make it to meal times.

Best moment this week? Feeling the baby move a lot more often. My favorite time of the day is late at night when he’s most awake.

Movement?  I feel him moving every day, still mostly at night and early in the morning. He apparently sleeps most during the day when I’m moving around.

Any ideas about the gender? A precious little boy.

What I miss about not being pregnant? Still real clothes. Now that I don’t fit in most of my old clothes, it’s pretty annoying to have such a limited wardrobe. Also, I only fit into one pair of my pajama pants and that makes me sad. :(

What I’m looking forward to? My baby shower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment