Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our little blessing at 21 weeks

How far along? 21 weeks

Baby’s size? The baby is about the length of a banana (10.5 inches long and 12.7 ounces). According to TheBump.com, the baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they’ve already experienced through amniotic fluid.
Maternity clothes? I have been wearing my maternity jeans and a mixture of maternity and non-maternity tops. I went shopping last weekend and my mom got me a bunch of maternity clothes, including some sweaters, a couple dresses, and a coat.
Sleep? Sleep is pretty good. Though late at night is when the baby loves to move the most.

Food cravings? This week I have been craving milk for sure. We’ve gone through an entire gallon in four days and the majority of that was me.

Food aversions? Nothing really.

Symptoms? No bad ones.

Best moment this week? When Tim finally felt the baby move. It was just a little bonk and I’m pretty sure it will still be a few more weeks before it will be easy to feel the baby from outside my tummy, but the look on his face was still priceless.

Movement? A lot more in this last week. I feel him several times a day. It’s still not the strongest punches and kicks, but it is comforting to feel him bopping around in there. He's getting stronger every day.

Any ideas about the gender? A handsome baby boy!

What I miss about not being pregnant? Being able to shop in regular clothing stores. There are just not many places to shop when you’re pregnant. Especially if you’re looking for a dress to wear to a wedding.

What I’m looking forward to?  My baby shower next weekend! I’m so happy that my family and friends surprised me with one so I could have one before the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment