Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Monday


     Tim bought me the latest issue of Cooking Light magazine, which is really exciting because I found some new recipes to try. The magazine had a huge section of chicken recipes, which is where two of my recipes for this week come from. 

     We’re also grilling a couple times this week because the weather is starting to get a little warmer and Tim hasn’t been able to grill in a while.

Monday: Coconut chicken fingers with pina colada dipping sauce, sweet potato fries and fruit salad. The recipe is from the Jan./Feb. issue of Cooking Light magazine. The dipping sauce is a copy of one made by Red Lobster to go with their Parrot Bay coconut shrimp. I got that recipe from my “Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2” book.
Tuesday: Pecan pancakes, eggs, and bacon.
Wednesday: Creamy chicken casserole with steamed broccoli. This recipe is from a book by Southern Living called “Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites.” It uses cooked chicken, Ritz crackers, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and poppy seeds.
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Chicken quesadillas with canned corn and guacamole. My mom makes these quesadillas using refried beans, chicken, and cheese and tortillas and guacamole were on sale this week at Albertson’s.
Saturday: Hawaiian chicken. This recipe is also from the Jan./Feb. issue of Cooking Light magazine. It uses a marinade of pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic to season the chicken. We’ll have it with stir-fried vegetables and long grain and wild rice.

Sunday: Hamburgers with roasted red potatoes and green beans.  

If you're curious about how any of the meals turned out or want the recipe, leave a comment and I'll let you know. 

2 comments:

  1. I swiped a taste of the coconut chicken and left a dirty spot in the sauce...oh my gosh, I think I have gone to heaven but then, I realized I was at work.
    All I have to say is, "where's mine?"

    Thanks for the tip about the upcoming grill master in business...DiCrappio won't tell me what night so that I can "drop in" unexpectedly, but I will keep my nose turned in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! Could you email or msg me the recipes for the coconut chicken (including the pina colada dipping sauce) and the Hawaiian chicken? Both sound and look delicious!

    ReplyDelete