Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our little blessing at 32 weeks

How far along? 32 weeks

Baby’s size? The baby weighs about the same as a jicama root, about 3.75 pounds and about 16.75 inches long. He'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
Sleep? I’m still sleeping pretty well. I’m not having too much trouble getting comfortable enough to fall asleep. I do wake up numerous times during the night for bathroom runs.

Food cravings? Still milk and cereal. 

Food aversions? No aversions, though I don't really like coffee anymore. 

Symptoms? My tummy is itchy a lot and my belly button is getting increasingly more shallow (no stretch marks yet, though!) My ankles and hands swelled a ton when I was on the airplane and I’m starting to get full a lot sooner than I normally would. Also, people are starting to ask me when I'm due more which is sometimes annoying when they react like I'm gigantic considering I still have two more months to go. 

Best moment this week? Getting to see my parents and have them feel the baby move.

Movement? He moves pretty frequently, particularly after I’ve had something cold to drink and after eating and early in the morning and late at night. His movements are becoming less like punches and kicks, and more just like he's rolling over or trying to move. 

What I miss about not being pregnant? I don’t miss anything right now.

What I’m looking forward to? Working on the nursery some more. And we have our first childbirth class in less than two weeks. 
Here I am at 32 weeks in our backyard.
And a close-up. Can you believe how big my tummy is?!?

1 comment:

  1. Heheh, the question of "WHEN are you DUE???!" will become increasingly more bug-eyed as people see your belly grow. Don't let it bother you, I tried to lighten the mood by answering silly answers such as: "Due? Oh, that's just breakfast." It was especially satisfying to off-handedly answer "a week ago" when Sean was way overdue...
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete