Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our little blessing at 33 weeks


How far along? 33 weeks

Baby’s size?  The baby weighs about the same as a pineapple, at more than 4 pounds and just over 17 inches long. He’s rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal.
Sleep? Sleep has been okay for the most part. I’m starting to have restless legs again. And I have to get up several times in the night to use the restroom.

Food cravings?  No real cravings this week. I’ve just been really thirsty so I drink a lot of water and Crystal Lite.

Food aversions? Some broccoli that I steamed this week. Mainly because I oversteamed it because we were talking to our parents on Skype and I was trying to time dinner with when I thought we’d be done and it was overcooked by the time we got off. It smelled like nasty school cafeteria broccoli. I couldn’t eat it.

Symptoms? Extra space in my belly is at a minimum so I get full at dinnertime really quickly. It can get really uncomfortable finding a good position to sit. And my sciatic nerve has been acting up again. My bellybutton is getting even more shallow on the top half which is kind-of strange looking.

Best moment this week? The baby has been moving a lot in the evenings, so watching him roll around and kick has been really fun for us this week. He seems to be especially active while we watch American Idol. 

Movement? Still plenty of movement. His feet are definitely kicking me in the ribs now. And sometimes he presses his little bottom up into my right side ribs. 

What I miss about not being pregnant? Nothing.

What I’m looking forward to?  Our first childbirth class is next week. Depending on how many graphic childbirth videos they make us watch, it could be pretty interesting and fun. We had our rocker/recliner for the nursery delivered this week. It was actually upholstered in the wrong fabric, but we kind-of like it and rather than deal with the hassle of ordering another chair and having to wait weeks and weeks for it, we may just keep it. But getting that in has me excited about the rest of our furniture coming in so we can finishing decorating the baby’s room. As long as it doesn't come in pink. 
From the front...
From the side...
And a close-up!
This is a mommy's-eye view. Notice something missing? That would be my feet. 
If I lean over, I can find them again. But let's just say that shaving my legs and putting on shoes has become an acrobatic feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment