Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Menu Monday


Monday: We had hamburgers with roasted red potatoes and green beans. This was leftover from last week’s menu because the hamburger meat wasn’t completely thawed on Sunday night. We ended up just munching on whatever we could find in the kitchen while watching the Oscars.  
Tuesday: Eat out/take-out. I’m pretty tired after spending a lot of today cleaning the house and organizing the baby’s room. Once Tim brings the car home and I can go grocery shopping, I don’t think I’m going to want to come home and make dinner.
Wednesday: Baked fusilli with Italian sausage. This is a recipe that I got out of Paula Deen magazine. It makes a TON of food so we’ll eat it again on Thursday.
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Mango baked chicken. This is a Publix Apron’s recipe.
Saturday: Southwestern quiche. This is a recipe I made up a while back based on a quiche at The Big Easy in Watkinsville, Ga., where we’re from. It didn’t turn out exactly like I wanted it the last time I made it, but I think I will get it right this time.
Sunday: Upside down hamburger casserole. I found this recipe on a blog that I read. I made it recently and really liked it and want it again. Here is the recipe. I also like it because Tim and I like different things, and it is pretty easy to customize it and make two different ones without too much trouble. I leave out the mustard and pickles in Tim's and leave off the cheese on mine. 

Upside-Down Cheeseburger Casserole

Ingredients:
1 pkg (6.5 oz each) pizza crust mix

1/2 cup hot tap water

All-purpose flour

PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray

1 pound ground chuck beef

3/4 cup chopped onion

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, undrained

1/2 cup Hunt’s® Ketchup

3 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles

1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

1 cup shredded reduced fat Colby Jack cheese

1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, optional

Directions:
Prepare crust by combining pizza crust mix and hot water in large bowl. Stir until moistened; cover and let stand 10 minutes in a warm place.
Remove dough from bowl and knead on floured work surface until dough is smooth and springs back when touched. Roll dough into 8×8-inch square, about 1/4-inch thick; set aside.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 8×8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add beef and onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until meat is crumbled and no longer pink. Drain fat. Add flour and pepper; stir until well blended.
Add undrained tomatoes, ketchup, pickles and mustard to meat mixture; stir to combine. Place in prepared dish. Sprinkle meat mixture with cheese; top with pizza crust dough.
Lightly spray dough with cooking spray; sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment