Friday, January 13, 2012

Pinspiring Friday!

     This week I finally completed a craft that I have been meaning to work on since before Christmas. I had been looking for a way to save all of the cards that we got at my baby shower and after Owen was born and I found this idea on Pinterest. The original crafter did it as a way to preserve her wedding cards, but it can easily be used for any other type of card like baby shower cards or Christmas cards. I may make one for our wedding cards at some point if I can find a good piece of cardboard that isn't too thick. At the moment, they are a box in the top of our closet. 

     Tim was sweet enough to help me with a lot of it. He helped cut the cardboard front and back pieces and also punched holes for me because the cardboard was pretty thick. He actually broke my hole punch when he tried it the first time. I glued down pieces of scrapbook paper on the front, back, and insides and attached the ribbon onto the back so that it could be used to tie the entire thing together. I think it turned out really cute. I am considering labeling it with Owen's name and what the cards are from, but I haven't gotten around to it.
     Here is the finished product.
This is the front cover. The ribbon is from a diaper cake that I got at the baby shower. 
And the back cover. I added a cute stamp of baby feet.
And when you open it up, you can read all of the cards!
      The other Pinterest-inspired project I did this week was a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with Oreos baked inside. They were very good, of course. The original recipe is from a blog called Picky Palate. I have made recipes from that blogger before and really liked them. Tim and I had a late night craving for something sweet last Friday so I checked Pinterest for my pinned dessert recipes and tried to find something that we had most if not all of the ingredients for. And this fit the bill!
    Hers seemed really quite petite from the photo, but these are actually really big cookies! She used an ice cream scoop to put a scoop of cookie dough on each side of the Oreo to encase it. I used a bit less since they were turning out really large. In the end, they turned out delicious. How could a cookie with another cookie baked inside be bad? 
Tastes great warm with a big glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment