Friday, December 9, 2011

Pinspiring Friday!

     This week's edition of Pinspiring Friday is all about holiday sweets. All of the recipes were ones that I found on Pinterest, which is now my go-to place to find recipes for desserts. 
     On Wednesday night after a particularly trying evening of putting Owen to bed (he was up until almost 9!), I decided that we needed a special treat to drink while relaxing for another hour or so before we went to bed. I have had this recipe pinned on Pinterest for a while now, but had been waiting for a good night to try it. Nutella Hot Chocolate! If you have a special someone (or want to get a special someone), make this for them and they will love you forever. Especially, it seems, if that person is male and has the last name Rumely. For some reason, Rumely men all have a thing for Nutella. 
Yummy...
     All you do for one generous serving is mix one cup of milk with two tablespoons of Nutella and then heat it over medium on the stove while whisking it smooth. It tastes so very good and I burned my tongue because it was so tasty that I couldn't wait for it to cool before drinking it. Tim has said that he would think it an extra special treat if he had a thermos of this waiting for him before work one morning. Not so big of a deal until you consider that Tim leaves for work at 5 a.m. Talk about a special treat! Anyway, this is a fantastic take on hot cocoa and tastes a million times better than powdered hot chocolate mix. And when you make it, an angel gets its wings.
Here was my inspiration for the Nutella hot chocolate.
      I also made two batches of cookies last night that I found on Pinterest. The first were Double chocolate cookies with a peppermint patty surprise. They were fairly easy to make though forming the dough around the peppermint patty was kind-of difficult because the dough started to warm up and get all gooey. They turned out really tasty though. Here is a photo of my finished cookies.
See the peppermint patty inside? After my caramel-stuffed apple cider cookies, I am a sucker for cookies stuffed with things.
    The other batch of cookies were hot cocoa cookies. They are really yummy because the cookie has sort-of a gooey chocolate center almost like one of those molten lava cakes and then even more chocolate and a marshmallow on top. Oh mercy. Anyway, I highly recommend either (or both!) recipes if you are looking for a delicious new Christmas-y cookie.
Melty delicious goodness...
Pardon my freaky hand and dirty-looking nails (that's chocolate under there, not dirt by the way). I just wanted to show the melting marshmallow and chocolate.
    And to finish us off, here's a picture of a sleeping baby. Because he's adorable. And I don't need any other excuse to show off more photos of him. Plus, that morning he slept until 8:30 a.m. and I felt the need to document it.
Have you ever seen more smushy and kissable cheeks in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment