Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Julep Maven review (ft. Bombshell box)

    The theme of the January Julep Maven boxes was "Escape & Unwind." All of the colors this month were neons or neutrals and are part of the Julep Resort Collection. The theme was further carried out with the products all nestled in a neon peach tissue paper and tied with a hot pink ribbon. 

     Tucked in the box along with the nail products were three neon hair ties. I am so excited to try them because I've been wanting some like this because they are gentler on your hair and don't cause as much breakage. I thought these were such cute extras! The box also included new swatch labeling stickers that you can attach to the lids of your nail polish bottles with a swipe of the color on them so you can identify your polishes from the top. 

    While I'm not really a neon polish fan, I really love the combinations in this month's boxes because each one came with a neon and a neutral. I typically wear a more neutral color on my fingernails, but I'm up for anything on my toes. This month I chose the Bombshell box for the first time. 

The products that came in my box were:
  • Bette nail polish - Electric neon purple creme. I am currently sporting this color on my toes. I really like the color. I would not call it a "neon" exactly, but it is bright. I had trouble applying the color because the polish dripped down the brush and 
  • Ava nail polish - Ballet slipper pink frost. I used this recently for my manicure and I really liked it. It's pretty opaque after two coats and is a nice just barely pink color. I was really happy to get a neutral not too in-your-face color this month since Julep's selections recently have been pretty bright and glittery. I would love a month where they offered more neutral colors.
  • Hand and cuticle stick with shea butter and peptides - Moisturize and protect in one easy step. Restore the youthful appearance of your hands with a peptide punch to strengthen and repair your skin. Vitamins C and E nourish and soothe. No parabens or sulfates. Retails for $22. 



      Want to join in the fun of receiving nail polish and other beauty products in the mail each month? Joining the Julep Maven program is the best (and cheapest) way to buy Julep products because you get discounts on everything and access to colors before everyone else! Plus, you can join now for just a penny (see the code below). Here are some others benefits of the Julep Maven program. 



  • $40-$60 worth of nail products delivered to your door each month for only $19.99.
  • You get to preview the colors you will receive each month.
  • You can skip receiving a box if nail polish isn't in your budget for the month or you dislike all the colors. 
  • You can switch to one of four other styles if you like them better than those in your style profile.
  • You can choose to send your box to a friend.
  • Free shipping.
  • 20 percent off your purchases on julep.com.
  • You can earn a free month by referring two friends to the program using your referral link. (Mine is below and I'd be so happy if you used it!)
  • You can cancel at anytime simply by giving Julep a call.
     Sound good? Then fill out a style quiz HERE so Julep can tailor your boxes to your personal style (one of five different style profiles) and use the code JULEPVIP or PENNY to receive your introductory box for just a $0.01. 

No comments:

Post a Comment