Thursday, January 31, 2013

Julep Maven review (February box)

      My Julep Maven box came in the mail really quickly this month and I was so excited to receive this particular box. The nail colors were all pretty, but what really convinced me to get a box this month was the additional product and a great freebie! So this month for $19.99, I received two nail colors, an oxygen nail treatment, a polymer top coat, and a couple smaller extras. 
       The theme for this month was "Get on the A-List" and featured Julep's Glamour Collection. The colors for this month were mainly cremes and two new holographic nail colors. The theme definitely seemed Oscar Award inspired with gold tissue paper and black and gold crinkly paper in the box. 
       Tucked in the box among the crinkly papers was a small gold fabric bag with an eyelash curler inside and two chocolate hearts for Valentine's Day. This was a really interesting and unexpected extra though I typically don't curl my eyelashes because mine are pretty long and curly anyway. The chocolate didn't last long though...
      This month, I chose the Classic with a Twist box for the first time. This is actually my style profile that I was matched with when I signed up for the program, but in the eight months I've been a member, I have never picked that box. At this point, I have now chosen each of the five styles at least once, though I tend to lean toward Boho Glam and It Girl more than the other styles. But the great thing about Julep is that you don't have to stick with your style profile each month and can change up your mind (and style) anytime you want. 
 The products that came in my box were:

  • Helen nail polish: Smoky pastel lavender creme. This color was inspired by actress Helen Hunt who is a Golden Globe nominee for The Sessions. I am currently wearing this color on my fingernails. It is a more muted color than I originally thought based on the swatches online, but I like it. It's actually a pretty neutral color in some lights and in others you can really see the purple. It's definitely growing on me. 
  • Claudette nail polish: Smoky brick red creme. This color is inspired by actress Claudette Colbert who was an Academy Award winner for It Happened One Night in 1934. I haven't tried this color yet, but I plan to put it on my toenails when I get a chance. The color seems really nice. 
  • Oxygen nail treatment: This groundbreaking oxygen technology allows nails to breathe while a patented Hexanal formulation conditions and restructures in just four weeks. With anti-aging plant stem cells and a protective UV filter, this super-charged nail make-up will change the way you think about almost-bare. I tried this yesterday and while I can guarantee the four week promise to restore nails, I did like the way the product applied and I felt like it was thick enough that it could be protecting my nails. 
  • Freedom Polymer top coat: This topcoat gives you a gel look with freedom from chips and the painful removal process of gels. This product promises a long-lasting manicure made possible by copolymer technology. I am really happy to finally have a topcoat from Julep. I have never been lucky enough to receive one in a mystery box so I've been using a topcoat from the drugstore. I can already tell that this will make my manicure last longer because it's made it through an entire day with no chips and I am pretty hard on my nails. 
     
     Want to join in on the fun of receiving nail polishes and products in the mail each month? Joining the Julep Maven program is the best way to get Julep products at a discount on everything and access to new colors before everyone else! Plus you can join now for just a penny plus shipping. Here are some other benefits of the Julep Maven program:
  • $40-$60 worth of nail and beauty products delivered to your door each month for $19.99.
  • You get to preview the nail colors you will receive each month.
  • You can add on up to three additional nail colors or products at a discounted price.
  • You can pay an additional $30-$35 and receive the entire collection for that month.
  • You can skip receiving a box (and the bill) if you're not interested in that month's products and colors. 
  • You can switch to one of four other style profiles if you don't like the colors in your style profile.
  • You can chose to send your box to a friend. 
  • One hundred Mavens each month will win a Golden Box, which includes five nail colors and a surprise. You will also still receive your selection for that month. 
  • Twenty percent off purchases at julep.com and free shipping for Mavens. 
  • You can earn a free month by referring two friends to the program using your referral link. (Mine is below and I'd be so happy if you used it)
  • You can earn jules (rewards points) to be used toward monthly boxes when you purchase a box or add-ons. 
  • You can cancel anytime by giving Julep a call.
Sound good? Then fill out a style quiz HERE and use the code JULEPVIP to receive a discount on your first box, making it just a $0.01. 

No comments:

Post a Comment