- Monday: We have our parenting class tonight so I won't be making dinner. I am bringing salad to our get-together.
- Tuesday: French toast with bacon. I've really been in the mood to have breakfast for dinner lately. Especially since I don't generally have the appetite in the morning for a giant breakfast. I really like breakfast foods, but I'd rather just have yogurt and a cup of coffee in the morning. So breakfast for dinner is my solution. This is my absolute favorite recipe for French toast and if you ever try it, you will quickly
seetaste why. I think it has something to do with using half-in-half instead of milk and also the use of lemon zest. It just gives it that little something more. I am not sure if I will be making the berry butter or not. I will have to see what fruit prices are like at the grocery store.
- Wednesday: Chicken spaghetti casserole. This Pioneer Woman recipe is one of the freezer meals I made when we were expecting Owen. I make some alterations to the recipe, but I'm sure the original is just as good as mine. I leave out the green pepper and pimentos and substitute in a can of green chiles for some heat. I also leave out the cheddar cheese from in the casserole and just sprinkle some on top of Tim's portion since I am not a fan and it saves on some calories. I made this recipe about a month ago for our parenting class on casserole night, but it was such a hit with everyone that we didn't have any leftovers and I didn't get to have any. I've been craving it ever since.
- Thursday: Taco salads. No specific recipe here. I am just going to brown some ground beef with taco seasonings, onions, and black beans and then throw it in a homemade taco shell with lettuce, salsa, guacamole and any other fixings that I want. This will be a delicious mid-week dinner that doesn't create much of a mess or take too long to make.
- Friday: Turkey meatloaf. This is a quick and simple recipe for meatloaf from Skinny Taste. I normally make her bacon wrapped barbecue turkey meatloaf, but I didn't want to go through all the hassle of that recipe and decided to try her regular meatloaf recipe. We will probably have it with mashed potatoes and some type of vegetable.
- Saturday: Easy Mulligatawny. Tim has requested this recipe that I made last week again for this week. And because our whole family, including Owen, ate it right up last week, I have no problem making it again. It's super easy to make and really different and tasty.
- Sunday: I am leaving Sunday unplanned in case I decide there is something else I'd like to make this week or if we decide to eat out. I like having a free day so that if something comes up or we need to have the freedom to do something else, we have it.
So that's it for our meals. What are you eating this week?