Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nursery progress

     We are slowly, but surely making progress in the baby’s nursery. We’re still waiting on the crib and changing table to come in, so we’ve been working on organizing the closet and getting things put away so that when the furniture comes in, we can finish decorating and everything quickly. Here is a picture of the crib. We ended up ordering a different one than we previously planned because we wanted a crib that looked a little more masculine. We also ordered the dresser which appears on the far right in this picture, though we didn't buy the hutch that they have on it in the photo. 
And here is the bedding again, in case you had forgotten. My grandma who passed away recently bought it for me in December. It is going to be such a sweet reminder of her every day when I go into the baby's room. 
     So far, we have painted the nursery light green to match the bedding (Pottery Barn Kids Eli Elephant) and Tim installed some shelving in the closet to better utilize the space. I have been washing and putting away baby clothes (and blankets and bibs and towels and socks and etc., etc., etc…) I also bought some wicker baskets to store baby stuff neatly. So far, the four baskets contain baby socks, blankets, bibs, and toys.
 Here's a picture of the baby's closet. The other side of the closet has more hangers for clothes we get in the future. It doesn't have any shelving. We'll put something tall on that side, like a clothes hamper. 
 This kid has a pretty nice wardrobe so far. We have outfits in sizes newborn-12 months. Hopefully he won't outgrow everything too fast. 
 I love these baskets. They are so useful for storing little things. 
     We also recently bought some cute elephant print art prints on Etsy. I think they are really cute and continue the elephant theme from the bedding. I'm thinking that I will frame them in white and hang them above the changing table. Here they are:
     We also have a painting by Tim's cousin Katie for the nursery, but I'm trying to come up with a few more ideas for wall decorations, especially something for above the crib. I was thinking of trying something crafty myself, but we'll see if that actually happens. I'm also thinking about curtains and perhaps a rug. We'll see.... there's not much time left!

No comments:

Post a Comment