Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our little blessing at 36 weeks


     Things are going well on the baby front. I had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, the first of what will now be weekly visits. The baby had a heart rate of 134 beats per minute, which is lower than it has been, but the doctor said that was normal as the baby gets bigger and can't move around as much. My stomach measured 37 cm, which is on track for where I am in the pregnancy. It should be anywhere between 36 and 38 cm according to the doctor. So the baby is not measuring too big or too small. The doctor also did a pelvic exam and I am not effaced or dilated at all. They will continue to check my progress each week. 

How far along? 36 weeks

Baby’s size?  The baby weighs about the same as a Crenshaw melon at almost six pounds and about 18.5 inches long. He is packing on the pounds at about an ounce a day. He should begin shedding his vernix caseosa and lanugo hair in preparation for his birth.
Sleep? Sleep is okay. I’m kind-of worn out from the time change and from how busy we were this week with hospital tours, birthing classes, small group, two church functions, and some other stuff I’ve been up to this week. I get up to use the bathroom a ton still and Tim told me that I woke him up with my snoring the other night! I’m not normally a snorer, so I hope this is just a pregnancy thing.

Food cravings? Orange juice has been particularly refreshing this week. I’ve been craving a milkshake for the majority of this week too and finally got a small one from Sonic today! Yay! 

Food aversions? No aversions. I pretty much like everything I liked before I was pregnant.

Symptoms? My pelvic muscles have become sore as my ligaments stretch to allow my pelvis to open up in preparation for the baby’s delivery. It hurts to get up from bed or the couch and sometimes when I’m walking around. My doctor said it is completely normal though. Other than that, I haven’t really had any pregnancy symptoms.

Best moment this week? Finishing our birthing classes this week and touring the hospital and pre-registering was great. It’s nice to cross more things off our baby preparation to-do list. And having a better idea of what to expect when I go into labor has helped ease some of the uncertainty about it.

Movement? The baby is still moving a lot, more so in the morning and evening. He still gets the hiccups about once a day, which is fun.

What I miss about not being pregnant? Nothing much.

What I’m looking forward to? I’m still waiting for the baby’s furniture to be delivered. I can’t wait to be able to do some more work in the nursery. We had some art framed for the room this week and I can’t wait to hang it once we get the furniture in. 
Here's a view from the side. It's amazing that I still have a month left. 
How much bigger can I get? 
Here's a shot of my bellybutton. As you can see, it is pretty much flat now. We'll have to see if it will become an outie. 
Still no stretch marks though!

No comments:

Post a Comment