Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our little blessing at 35 weeks


Well, I have officially reached the infamous 35/35 (35 weeks pregnant, 35 days to go). So that means only 5 more weeks (approximately) until I am holding a baby in my arms! I can't believe it!

How far along? 35 weeks

Baby’s size?  The baby weighs about the same as honeydew melon (5.25 pounds) and about 18 inches long from head to heel. Because it’s so snug in my womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he’ll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
Sleep? Sleep isn’t so great anymore. I’m having a lot more trouble getting comfortable enough to fall asleep, though I am pretty good at falling back asleep when I wake up during the middle of the night for bathroom breaks (which is pretty frequently).

Food cravings? This week I craved Funfetti cake. And Pink Lady apples. 

Food aversions? Nothing really.

Symptoms? Tim is convinced that my belly button is about to wave the white flag and surrender trying to be an innie. I’m also having some more pain in my hips/lower back area. Otherwise, I’m still doing good.

Best moment this week? The baby has had the hiccups a few times this week. It’s the first time I’ve really been able to tell that that was what they were. They feel kind-of like a small kick, but very rhythmic. It’s pretty cute.

Movement? He’s still moving a ton. I guess he’s not too big that he can’t still roll over in there from time to time.

What I miss about not being pregnant? Nothing.

What I’m looking forward to? I’m looking forward to the baby’s furniture coming in soon. It should be here within three weeks. Once that happens, we’ll soon be able to finish the nursery and put everything away and put art up on the walls. Yay! Then we'll post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment