Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tasty Thursday

     This week, most of our meals are going to be made in the slow cooker. I just love using the slow cooker because it makes preparing meals so simple and it fills the house with a delicious scent all day. Plus, I dirty the kitchen up in the morning and can clean it during the day so that in the evening I don't have to worry about picking up and we can just relax after our meal. Most of my recipes that I'm using this week are ones that I found on Pinterest. Recipes on Pinterest are always a toss-up because while they might look good, you don't always really know exactly where it came from and who designed it. But they generally look good and the majority of the ones I've made so far have tasted great. Anyway, here's the menu for this week. Enjoy!

Thursday: French onion beef roast with baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. This is the recipe that I was going to make on Wednesday night, but Tim needed our slow cooker at the last minute for a work fundraiser so we went out to eat and I postponed our meal.
Friday: Leftovers over rice with green beans.
Saturday: Grilled chicken with foil packet bacon ranch potatoes and steamed broccoli. Tim requested to opportunity to grill and I found the recipe for the bacon ranch potatoes on Pinterest.
Sunday: Crock pot beef stroganoff with green beans. This is a recipe that I found on Pinterest. Tim likes beef stroganoff, but I’ve never made it before. Hopefully, this recipe, which is labeled “The Absolute BEST crockpot beef stroganoff recipe,” is good.
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Crock pot Italian chicken with salad. This is another recipe I found on Pinterest. I just love using my slow cooker and having enough leftovers that we can eat the same thing again the next night. Also, it has like five ingredients, which will save us some money at the grocery store.
Wednesday: Leftovers. I will also be making cinnamon rolls because I have to bring breakfast for the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group that I go to once a month on Thursday and it is also Tim’s last day at his current position in town before he moves out to the project site so I’m going to let him take some cinnamon rolls to his coworkers. This is the Pioneer Woman recipe that my mom and I made the other week when I was in Georgia. It is so amazingly good and fun to make. Look at the picture. Oh mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment