Sunday, November 27, 2011

Things I've learned from Pinterest

    So I've been on Pinterest for a little over a month now. The site is very addicting and a lot of fun to peruse. In my time on Pinterest I've learned quite a few things about people and myself. Here are the top 10, Letterman-style.


10. People would rather make a recipe that involves Oreos, cookie dough, and brownies than one that involves broccoli.
9. No knock-off of a Starbucks drink will ever taste just like the real thing.
8. People really like Nutella. 
7. Girls will pin pictures of half-naked skinny women as "thinspiration" right next to an entire board of cupcakes recipes. (P.S. This photo is of a couple of boards that belong to someone I know and love, but whose identity I will protect) 
6. Pinterest is a great resource for people who are planning to get married. But I'm also kind-of glad that it wasn't around when I was engaged because I would have lost my job with the amount of time I spent on Pinterest looking at ideas.
 5. People who are no where near getting married or having children seem to have more pins dedicated to those subjects than to anything else. So don't assume an engagement or a pregnancy announcement will be forthcoming, because most of the time, they're just saving ideas for the (far) future. (This board also belongs to someone I know and someone who shall remain nameless)
4. People really like bacon.
3. People really like crafts that use burlap or mason jars. (Or better yet, both!)
2. Mustaches are weirdly popular. 



And the No. 1 thing that I've learned from Pinterest is... 


     Pinning makes you feel creative and artistic even if you've never been creative or artistic in your entire life! This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how much time (cough cough... money) you spend at Michael's because of it.

1 comment:

  1. I heart pinterest too.... but David probably wishes I never found it. Oh well, time for cuteness to explode in my house!

    ReplyDelete