Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tasty Thursday

     This week has been really interesting. In case you were wondering, babies don't understand time changes. He did not hear the deal about "falling back." He did not rejoice in the "extra hour of sleep" you get when you change your clocks back an hour. Needless to say, my baby now wakes up when it is still dark outside. The good thing about the time change though, is that he now follows the 7:30 p.m. bedtime that we have tried to instill for the longest time. He had been fighting us on it and trying to stay up until about 8 or 8:30 every night. But thanks to Daylight Saving (not savings, FYI) Time, he is now going down easily at 7:30 p.m. Hooray! Anyway, here is our menu for the week. Bunches of new recipes and one not-so-old favorite. 


Thursday: Leftover crock pot Italian chicken.
Friday: Skinny Taste healthy chicken nuggets and baked zucchini sticks with broccoli on the side. This recipe came highly recommended by my friend Katie. She was also the one who turned my on to this cooking blog. I’m super excited to make this meal especially the baked zucchini sticks. The creator of the blog recommended making these two recipes together because they use the same breading. Chicken nuggets make me feel like a kid and I think this will make a nice movie night meal for after we get Owen to sleep. 

Saturday: Crockpot chicken taco chili. I just love chili and trying new recipes for different types of chili. This is also a Skinny Taste recipe so it should be healthy as well. I will probably not add the chicken to the crock pot because I think chicken typically dries out in the slow cooker. I may even be a rebel and make it with ground chicken or ground beef instead. We'll see what the prices are like at the grocery store. 
Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Italian pie. This is a Publix Apron’s recipe that I have made before. It is really yummy and one of my favorite Italian meals. I'm not much of a spaghetti person, but I love Italian-inspired meals. I like to make mine with hot Italian sausage to add some heat. 
Tuesday: Leftovers of Italian pie with side salad.
Wednesday: Chicken and white bean enchiladas with creamy salsa verde. This is another Skinny Taste recipe. I love enchiladas, particularly those that have a green sauce. Mexican food is always better (in my opinion) when I make it at home. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's mainly about the quality of restaurant ground beef. Reminds me of dog food most of the time. Yucko! I do love some chips and salsa though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment