Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tasty Thursday

     I will of course not be cooking dinner tonight because we will be going to Vancouver for Thanksgiving dinner with Tim's cousin and her family, but I have our menu for the rest of the week planned so that I'll be ready to get back into the swing of things once we return home on Friday. It does take us about four hours or so to drive home so we will probably grab something to eat out on Friday night, but I'll be back in the kitchen on Saturday evening. So here's the menu for the week. Some of the meals are new and others were chosen to use up ingredients that we already have.


Saturday: Chicken pot pie soup with easy garlic cheddar biscuits. This is a recipe from Skinny Taste that looks really warm and comforting. It also seems like a really interesting idea for a soup and I love a good winter soup recipe! And the garlic cheddar biscuits are supposedly a healthy-ized version of the Cheddar Bay biscuits at Red Lobster. 


Sunday: Paula Deen's taco meatloaf with corn and black beans. One of Tim's favorites.
Monday: Autumn penne pasta with sauteed brussels sprouts in a light ragu. I know you're thinking, "Brussels sprouts? What?" but I have a feeling that this is actually going to be pretty tasty. And I have Italian sausage in the freezer already. 
Tuesday: Skinny Taste chicken nuggets and baked zucchini sticks with green beans. We had this just the other week, but I still have lots of bread crumbs and Panko leftover that I want to use up. And we can dip the zucchini sticks in leftover marina from the night before. 
Wednesday: Pioneer Woman's Easy Mulligatawny. This is one of my favorite recipes at the moment. I just love the warmth and spice of curry. And this soup is perfect for cold weather for those reasons. With some crusty French bread to soak up the delicious broth. Please, be brave and try this soup. Even if you think you don't like curry. It's so so yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how your recipes turn out. I'm especially interested in the penne and the chicken pot pie soup!

    ReplyDelete