Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Menu Monday (Late)

    Sorry for being late with this post this week. I had a little trouble getting my act together yesterday and planning a menu and making it to the grocery store. Thus, we had pizza for dinner last night. 
    This week is a short week again because we will be going to visit my in-laws this weekend.  I am trying all new recipes this week. And as an FYI, all of our recipes that I made last week were really yummy. I highly recommend any of them and even Owen ate some of every recipe I made (and liked it). So they're kid-approved too. 



  • Tuesday: Mom's Spanish Chicken and Rice with a side salad. This is a recipe from Skinny Taste that looked particularly yummy and filling. Also, I have a thing for olives right now. Tim and I laugh because you would never be able to tell if I was pregnant or not based on cravings alone because I always crave weird foods. My current cravings are Spanish olives and banana peppers. This recipe is based on the one made by the mother of the creator of Skinny Taste. I just love ethnic foods because the family stories behind them make them seem that much tastier. I am looking forward to tasting it. We have about ten minutes before it's finished. Yum!
  • Wednesday: Linguine and Shrimp Fra Diavolo with steamed broccoli and side salad. I have a similar recipe that I've made, but this Skinny Taste version looks really tasty. I love that it uses fresh basil. I will be leaving out the capers though because I don't really like the flavor. We have frozen shrimp in the freezer already so I didn't have to buy very many ingredients to make this dish. Tim and I both love a spicy tomato sauce so we will both most likely give this a thumbs up. 
  • Thursday: Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise. We'll be having these burgers with sweet potato fries. This is my attempt at a "Meatless Monday" of sorts. Though I don't feel the need to be constrained to Mondays, I do think that cooking without meat every once in a while is a good thing health-wise and also saves money at the grocery store. This recipe looks really yummy and the creator of Skinny Taste also includes instructions for how to freeze the burgers to make again another time. I am really hoping that this recipe works out for me. I haven't had much luck in the past when I've made healthy burgers like turkey and mushroom burgers and black bean burgers. I always have trouble getting them to hold together and not fall all to pieces on the grill. These look really tasty and I'm craving the avocado and chipotle mayonnaise. 
   
     So that's it for our weekly menu. What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment