Saturday, August 11, 2012

Love With Food review (July box)

Love the red box!
     I bought this Love With Food box for $5 as part of a special deal on Plum District. I was intrigued with the idea of a subscription box that sends out gourmet food. And I was not disappointed! It's kind-of like Conscious Box if you took out all the yucky energy powders and protein drinks along with the beauty products and just left the yummy food. I also recently received my August Love With Food box, but I don't have any photos yet.
My box was so super packed that it wouldn't stay shut.
     Love With Food is a subscription box that sends you eight or more gourmet food samples each month for $12, including shipping. Then after trying out the samples you can go on the Love With Food website to order full sizes of the products you like best at up to 25 percent off regular price and with free shipping. You can also earn points towards foods in their online shop by reviewing products from your box and doing other things. 
     Love With Food donates one meal to a hungry child (through the charity No Kid Hungry) for every box sold. So far, Love With Food's subscribers have donated 8,540 meals. Another thing I love about the company is the name. Food is an expression of love for me. I show love to my husband and son by cooking for them almost every night of the week. And a lot of the memories I have with my loved ones are connected to food in some way or another. So this concept really resonates with me. And who wouldn't feel good about treating themselves while also giving to charity? Two thumbs up!
     The July box was themed "United Tastes of Summer." The boxes are typically seasonally themed, for example holiday foods in December and June's baseball-themed box. Here's what my insert said: "From hot dogs slathered in ketchup to sweet summer corn, we invite you to salute Old Glory with new gourmet bites. So kick back with a hot fudge sundae and enjoy the culinary fireworks! As always, you donated a meal to hungry children in America."
    
My box included samples of eight different products. They were:
  • Montebello Kitchen's chipotle ketchup with organic agave nectar - Handcrafted in small batches from vine-ripened tomatoes, spiced with smoky chipotle. This is super yummy. I love the chipotle flavor so much. It definitely has some heat to it. Honestly, it was probably one of my favorite products in the box. 
  • Organic blue corn "torchia" chips by Whale Tails - Stone-ground organic blue corn infused with healthy and nutty Chia seed. These were pretty tasty. And while I expected them to taste a little weird because of the chia seeds, they tasted like regular blue corn chips. And the whale tail shape was really cute. 
  • Yummy Earth lollipops - Organic and free of artificial anything, these lollipops are bursting with juicy fruit flavor. These are really fantastically flavored lollipops. I loved the pomegranate pucker flavor. It was perfectly sweet and a bit sour.  
  • Sweet corn crunch-dried snack by Sensible Foods - The crunchy texture of this GMO-free veggie snack will surprise and delight! This was a really interesting snack. Not my favorite of the box, but not bad either. I actually thought they were a little too salty. 
  • Milk chocolate hot fudge dessert topping by Sanders Candy - The recipe for this all-natural hot fudge is so delectable it has remained unchanged for over 100 years. Can I just say yum? I had a little taste of this just to see if it was good, fully planning to buy a pint of icecream to try it over. Well, the jar didn't last long enough for me to have time to go to the grocery store for icecream. 
  • Sweet orange and citrus sunburst green iced tea by Mighty Leaf - Pour 32 ounces of boiling water over this silken pouch and steep for three minutes before adding 32 ounces of cold water and ice for a delicious iced tea. Mighty Leaf is one of my favorite tea companies. I haven't tried this flavor yet, but I love their Calypso Mango iced tea. 
  • Organic spring jasmine tea by Mighty Leaf - Organic, whole green tea leaves meet floral jasmine in this smooth bodied tea.
  • Patriotic poppers - Sweetened with organic cane juice and brown rice syrup, enjoy red cherry, pina colada, and blue mint. 
     For more information about Love With Food, visit their website. You can subscribe monthly for $12 a month or buy a three, six, or twelve month subscription for $36, $66, and $120, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment