Monday, August 27, 2012

Mani Monday

     My sister-in-law Leah has started a new weekly blog post over on her blog A Recipe for Love - Mani Monday. She is posting her current manicure or pedicure (or both!) each week. What I fun idea, right? 
     I am linking up with her post today a little bit later than I meant to, but I was surprised when I checked her blog this morning and saw that we had the same exact manicure! (Julep's Lynn with Yumi as the French tip). So because I didn't want to post the same thing, I had to do a different manicure. Haha! Our taste is so similar. But then again, we both also have a thing for Rumely men so why should we be surprised? 
       I am also linking up because I feel partly responsible since I was the one who recommended the Julep Maven program to her and got her addicted too. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you can click the above link to find out more about the company and their monthly subscription box of nail and beauty products. If you want to receive your introductory box for just a penny, use the code COLOR2012 when you sign up and take the style quiz. Don't forget to select free shipping! 
      For my manicure, I used the Julep color Charlotte. It is described as a demure lavender creme. The Julep website says the color is, "Sophisticated with a twist. Elegant on a manicure." What I really like about this color is that you only need one coat to make a completely opaque finish. The formula is also really nice because it applies very smoothly. It is one of my favorites of my newer Julep polishes.


     

      On my toes, I am using Julep's Megan. It is described as a playful and sultry Mediterranean aquamarine shimmer.  It doesn't come out as dark as it looks like it will be in the bottle, but it's still pretty. I would love to wear it to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment