Monday, April 29, 2013

Bump update: 22 Weeks

       
         According to my pregnancy app, this week the baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and tiny tooth buds are even developing beneath the gums. His eyes have formed, but the irises still lack pigment. At about 11 inches long, the baby weighs almost a pound. 
       Fine hair called lanugo covers his body and the wrinkles in his skin will fill with fat before birth. If I give birth on my due date, then I have 124 days left to go! 
       I am still feeling good, though I have been a bit tired again lately. I have a good amount of energy in the morning and through the beginning of the afternoon, but I've been wanting an afternoon nap the last couple days. I am a little stressed about getting things in order at the house before the baby comes because we have a lot going on this summer and will be out of town several times. At most, we only have 18 weekends before I'm due and of those I know of at least two where we will be out of town and I didn't make it to 40 weeks with Owen anyway. And I'm only getting bigger! Hopefully, we will begin working on Owen's big boy room soon and I can begin getting back out all our baby stuff and making sure we have anything else we may need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment