Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm Totally Trying It - The April Edition

     I am joining in with Jennifer at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for a brand new link-up - "I'm Totally Trying It." In the past, she would pick five items to try out and then review them at the end of the month. This month, she has turned it into a link-up so that other bloggers can post about the items they are trying this April. So here's the scoop on what I'm going to be trying this month. At the beginning of May, I will report back with what I think. If you want to join in with trying new things this month, click on the link above to link-up with Jennifer's blog. 


  • Expecting More: Sara Haley's Daily Sweat Pregnancy Program: Since starting my second trimester I've slacked off a lot with my fitness. I need something tailored to my current fitness level and challenging, but that also is healthy and not too intense for a pregnant woman. I did a little research online and found Sara Haley's prenatal workout DVD. I have another of her workout DVDs, Sweat Unlimited, which I really like because of the several distinct workouts that you can mix and match. Expecting More provides six different workouts to give women a variety of cardio, strength and dynamic flexibility exercises. Hopefully this DVD set will help me find more motivation to exercise. 
  • Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo: My hair has been super dry lately if I wash it every day, but it looks super lank and sort-of greasy on days when I skip washing. So I figured it was time to give dry shampoo a shot. I did some research online of a bunch of different brands, but this one was a lot cheaper and is said to perform as well as Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo. Suave's dry shampoo is supposed to absorb oil to refresh hair, extend your blowout, and revive volume. We'll see! 
  • Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27: B.B. creams (blemish balms) are all the rage in the beauty world, and to be honest, before I started researching products I could try for this link-up I had no idea what a B.B. cream was. Turns out they treat skin's appearance with high levels of active ingredients that prime, hydrate, protect skin from sunlight, prevent wrinkles, and more. Boscia's B.B. cream is advertised as "an oil-free, skin-perfecting 'blemish balm' that creates a flawless finish as it moisturizes and nourishes the skin." I am interested to see how this compares to my normal foundation and powder. If it's lighter than normal make-up while still providing some coverage and also protecting my from sunburns, I'm going to be pretty impressed. 
  • "The Honest Life" by Jessica Alba: This book by actress and The Honest Company founder Jessica Alba was released last month. It features all sorts of advice about creating a healthy environment for raising your family and includes information on healthy eating, decorating, beauty, and more. I've added this book to my April shipment of products from The Honest Company and should get it soon. It's gotten pretty good reviews from both critics and reviewers on Amazon. 
  • Chobani Flip Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is so healthy for you and is popping up in grocery stores all over the place. I've largely ditched my usual Yoplait for Greek yogurt, but it's not always the tastiest and can be pretty sour actually. When I saw the new(ish) Chobani Flip yogurts in my Kroger the other day, I picked up several of the flavors to try. They have more calories than my regular yogurt, but have twice the protein of normal yogurt, three types of probiotics, and no preservatives, artificial flavors or sweeteners. I bought these flavors: Key Lime Crumble, Almond Coco Loco, and Raspberry Choco Fix. There are three other flavors available and if I like the first three, I may pick up the others as well. 
And that's it for this month! I will get back with my results in a few weeks. Have you tried anything new lately that you've loved? Anything that was a waste of time or money? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment