I am linking up with Jamie at The Kind of Love for What I'm Loving Wednesday. And here's what I'm loving this week:
- I am loving the Julep May Maven nail colors and products. After skipping the last couple of months, I was so excited by this month's Roaring Twenties theme inspired by the new movie The Great Gatsby. I had the hardest time choosing a box, and would have gotten the entire set if I had the points to get it for free. I just can't justify spending $55 on nail polish though. I ended up getting the Modern Beauty box, which includes three lipsticks, a lip scrub, and a mascara. I also added on two of the nail polishes: Zelda (pink champagne metallic) and Myrtle (flapper red creme). If you're new to Julep, it's a monthly subscription box company that sends you more than $40 worth of nail polishes and other beauty products for $19.99. You get to choose one of five different boxes each month and can add on an additional three products if you want. Julep is also a really unique service because you don't have to get it every month and can skip a month if you don't like the products or you don't have the money. If you're interested in signing up, you can go here and use the code FREEBOX to get your introductory box for free (you may have to pay shipping.)
- I am loving The Honest Company's new diaper designs, particularly the new hippo design which supports the World Wildlife Federation. They are so stinkin' cute. Also, because I was one of the first 1,000 people who ordered the new hippo diapers, The Honest Company donated money to the WWF to adopt a hippo in my name. Pretty cool, huh? Their new Comic boys diaper is also super adorable. They have comic book phrases like Bam! Pow! etc. on them and are really bright and colorful. If you are interested in The Honest Company, you can sign up now or just order a bundle from their site for 40 percent off through April 3o using the code PLUMDISTRICT40. Also, if you use my link, you will have $10 credited to your account as well.
- I am loving buying some new clothes for Baby Boy No. 2. I know we will be able to reuse some of Owen's baby clothes (though they will be born in different seasons so it might be little hard), but I still want this baby to have some stuff that's completely new. I had some Gymbucks that my mom gave me from the last time we shopped there so I used them to buy some clothes online the other day. I am apparently still loving elephants and other jungle animals and I'm digging the orange and navy.
- I am loving that spring has finally come and we are able to do some yardwork. I also replanted flowers in my hanging baskets from last year and now our porch looks so summery and pretty. We used petunias, verbena, and some other dark purple flower that I can't remember the name of. Now I just need to make sure to keep them really well watered and hope they don't die like last summer when we go out of town on trips.
- I am loving this Apple Dumplings recipe from Pioneer Woman. It's incredibly unhealthy, but super yummy and very easy to make. I whipped them up on Monday to take to our small group and they were a big hit. I wanted something that was easy to make and that was easy to serve as well. I found this recipe in her cookbook, but you can find it on her blog too. I recommend using less butter and sugar and Mountain Dew than the recipe calls for because I found the finished result to be a little too soupy. But it was still pretty darn delicious.
- I am loving my Owen boy. He is starting to seem so old to me lately. He's talking really well now and into everything. We recently moved him to the 2-year-old room at church and he didn't put up a fuss at all. He just went in and started playing and could care less that we left. In fact, he cried when we came to pick him up because he was having so much fun. Whose kid does that? This photo was taken at IKEA the other weekend. He really loves little tables that are just his size and we will most likely get him one once we start working on his big boy room.
What are you loving this week? Anything I should try or check out?