Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday

           I'm linking up with Jamie at This Kind of Love for What I'm Loving Wednesday. And here's what I'm loving this week: 

I am loving Citrus Lane. I have subscribed to Citrus Lane, the subscription box for babies and toddlers (and now preschoolers!) since June of last year for Owen, but I decided this week to get a subscription for Baby Boy No. 2 starting next month. I am excited about getting some new things for our little peanut and in looking around on the Internet, I am surprised by how many helpful products have been released in just the couple years since Owen was a newborn. It will be great to get some items that will make life easier for us when he comes along. And I'm also interested to see what kinds of items they send in the boxes for younger babies, since we've always gotten a toddler box for Owen. If you are interested in Citrus Lane, you can currently sign up using a referral link and earn a $10 credit to your account. Also, if you use the code TAKEHALF, you can get your first box for half off ($12.50) or the code BREAK10, which will give you 10 percent off a multi-month subscription. (That's what I did to save money on a six month subscription for Baby Boy No. 2). My April box for Owen should come sometime this week or early next week and I will have a review up shortly after. 

I am loving this recipe from Skinny Taste. It's grilled flank steak with black beans, corn, and tomatoes. You grill the flank steak seasoned with cumin and minced garlic and then top it with a fresh salad of black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, and lime juice. It is such a fresh, summery meal. We like it so much that we are making it again this week (once the monsoon ends). And the other great part is that it makes so much of the black bean/corn salad that we have typically finished it up the next night with grilled chicken. I also love the part where I don't have to heat up my house to make any of it. I serve mine with a cucumber, tomato, and onion marinated salad. Yum! 

I'm loving our soon-to-be new dishwasher. Our dishwasher unexpectedly bit the dust on Sunday night so Tim and I have been researching and shopping for deals on a new one. We ordered this beauty from Lowe's yesterday and should have it installed sometime later this week. I have really been wanting a new dishwasher for a long time and we were shopping around a few months ago, but never went through with it. I am really excited though because our older washer did a really crappy job and I frequently had to rewash dishes that didn't get clean even though we prerinse. It was really annoying. I can't wait to have a dishwasher that actually works well. It might even make doing dishes fun for a month or so! 

I'm loving ABC's Bet on Your Baby. Tim and I stumbled across this new competition show last Saturday and thought it was really funny. Basically, families are competing to win money for their child's college fund. They give each (older toddler to preschool aged) child an age-appropriate challenge, such as stacking cookies without eating them or not knocking down certain colored block towers, and then they are coached by one parent while the other parent has to guess whether the child will succeed or not. It was pretty funny and we had a good time discussing how we thought Owen would do in each of the different challenges. The show comes on at 8 p.m. on Saturdays. My mom is convinced we should sign Owen up. 

I'm loving Mindy Kaling's "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" I haven't read many nonfiction memoir books, but it seems like everyone is writing them nowadays. I have been enjoying watching The Mindy Project on Tuesday nights on FOX and I think Mindy Kraling's sense of humor is really funny. So while I was at the library last week for Baby and Toddler Time, I picked up her memoir. It is really funny. The writing style is really good too and sounds basically like you're having a conversation with a friend. 

I'm loving Ben and Jerry's Karamel Sutra. Baby boy has been making me crave caramel something hardcore. So Tim ran off to the grocery store one evening while I was putting Owen to bed. His instructions: "Chocolate and caramel." He came back with Karamel Sutra from Ben and Jerry's. I have never had this flavor before since I'm more likely to pick up one of my three favorite flavors: Oatmeal Cookie, Chunky Monkey, or Phish Food. But I may have a new favorite now. Karamel Sutra is described as "a core of soft caramel encircled by chocolate icecream with fudge chips and caramel icecream." It's super yummy. 

So what are you loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try all the things you are Loving!!! They all look great!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That steak looks delicious! I must try it asap!
    Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG i missed Bet on Your Baby! I need to see if it's on Hulu! And I too love Citrus Lane!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete